South African Farm Management Software Programs
List of South African farm management software vendors, South African Farm Accounting Software, South African Farming Vendors, South African Agri Software packages
This software package has been designed to consolidate and analyse the information necessary to manage a farming operation within the South African agricultural environment. With record keeping currently playing an integral part of farming, the Donkerhoek Data Farm Management suite will fulfil all the record keeping needs of your farming business. Our software is compliant with GlobalGAP and Nature’s Choice, and is continuously updated to stay in line with the regulatory changes. Wine-grape farmers and Cellars can also use the system for their IPW & IPM rating score card.
There are a number of modules that make up the total Donkerhoek Data Farm Management package:
Spray& Fertiliser module
This module records purchases, stock movements, costs and applications of chemical spray- and fertiliser-products. Application instructions for both spray and fertilising are generated. Calibrationsand Spray & Fertiliser methods can easily be setup by the user. Withholding periods are automatically applied to active ingredients and also continuously updated. To give you a clear picture of your farming costs, costs can be distributed to orchards, cultivars or cost centres.
The record keeping function of this package is also further extended to include capturing of your pest monitoring information, as well as recordkeeping of leaf, fruit and soil analyses.
The costing module centralises all of the costs associated with farming, including Labour-, chemical and fertiliser products-, packaging- and all other sundry costs. All expenses can be allocated to orchards or cost centres. Overheads are distributed globally to general or specific orchards / cost centres.
The costing module is an excellent management tool, enabling the user to make financial decisions based on the reports generated from the software.
This module is used to trace income back to orchard, cultivar or cost centre level and to analyse the profit / loss situation. This is the ideal tool to decide on which part of your farming to concentrate.
The production side of this module gives the user clear information on the product yield per orchard, cultivar or cost centre. The yield records include the quality and quantity of the produce. Bin movement and packouts can also be captured and monitored. The marketing aspect takes this a step further and allows you to trace the movement of products from the orchard to the market. It also enables the user to compare agents, pricing and payments.
Overall, the income module is ideal for financial and operational decision making on your farm.
The administration module assists the user in various administrative tasks within a farming operation. From simple conversion calculators to more advanced features makes day-to-day tasks on the farm effortless.
The module includes an Asset management function, which allows the user to manage and track usage and expense of vehicles and other assets. It keeps record of service intervals, fuel usage etc.
Users in the wine industry can use the IPW & IPM section of the software for their IPW and IPM ratings.
A diary/notebook for general activities and recordkeeping is available, to centralise the activities and reminders for the farm. A further GPS mapping function is also available, allowing you map out your entire farm.
All the reports in the Farm Management suite is exported to Excel for ease of further collaboration.
Plan-A-Head Beef Management System provides the following types of information displayed on each animal card.
- Lifetime services and conceptions with bull used enabling extraction of cows not pregnant.
- Lifetime calving, progeny and inter-calving periods showing cows that have not calved annually.
- Weight recordings and average daily gain (ADG) and enabling user to extract animals not gaining at target ADG’s currently and over lifetime.
- Blup & Phase A and B results (South Africa). Electronic import and export of this information to the relevant beef organizations.
Options to enter:
- AI or Group Servings - If the user is doing AI, this can be recorded per individual cow, and pregnancy tests then entered against each AI record. Should the user be doing group servings, he can enter the date the bulls entered the herd and date they left and a serving record will be created for each cow in that group.
- Calvings and Birth Notifications can be printed for the Breed Society or sent electronically to Stud Book.
- Pregnancy tests. Bull conception stats can be extracted.
- Animal Movements within Herds
- Medications / inoculations done on any animal. Action reminders can be set up to remind the user of any inoculation or action that needs to be done on an animal at regular intervals or at a certain age.
- Records of the animals sold live at stock sales; as well as, the records of the buyers. The user can also select the animals he wishes to sell and then generate his own ‘Sales Catalogue’ with all the details a buyer would require, ie. Genetics, growth performance, number of calvings and pregnancy status. This is particularly useful for on farm sales.
- Records of the animals slaughtered e.g.: grade-outs, days to market and sire statistics.
- Feed consumption. If feed is being mixed by the user, he can keep records of stock of all raw materials, recipes of mixed feed and then record mixes made which automatically adjusts stock levels of ingredients as well as complete feed. Feed conversions, as well as cost per kilogram gained are calculated.
- Weight recordings. Average daily gains are calculated for the current weight recordings as well as average daily averages for the animals’ lifetime. Deviations from targets can be highlighted.
- Feedlot profit projections for 30/60/90/110 days giving you the optimum time to cull an animal for best profit margins.
- Inbreeding Calculations - where you can select up to 5 bulls to use on a group of cows and see the resultant inbreeding effect.
The Plan-A-Head Beef Management System can make use of the default set up codes for breeds/actions/meds,etc or substitute their own codes and descriptions. New codes and descriptions can also be added.
The Plan-A-Head Beef Management System user can print reports either to a printer or to a PDF file for later retrieval and/or e-mailing of reports.
NEW reports can be built using the Report Manager which is a Report Writer facility.
The Plan-A-Head Beef Management System updates itself periodically via the internet, and if internet access is a problem (slow, unavailable, etc), an update CD can be obtained from Plan-A-Head.
The Plan-A-Head Beef Management System runs on nearly any 32 bit and all 64 bit Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Win98, Win Nt4, Win2000, Win XP, Vista)
Enterprise - Unlimited number of animals, including 1st year Service Level Agreement.
Light - Limit of 300 animals, including 1st year Service Level Agreement.
DFM is committed to quality, functionality and strong support. We provide solutions to more than 5000 customers countrywide andhave introduced products to the international market as well. All DFM's software packages and products are developed andproduced locally, and currently conform to GlobalGAP and Nature's Choice guidelines. This is fast becoming one the mostimportant requirements for all farmers that export their fresh products. Due to impending water legislation in SA, it is becoming essential for farmers to be able to schedule irrigation effectively and keep records of all activities on the farm, such as chemicalssprayed. DFM have addressed the new regulations by developing software solutions that can successfully keep track of scheduledirrigations and chemical spray records. With its advanced software, DFM assists farmers to be more environmentally aware andkeep accurate records of farm activities.